Creative Director with a passion for great solutions. I love what I do!
- Digital design management and creative leadership
- Extremely organized and a great problem solver
- Hands-on creative strategy and concept development
- eCommerce & checkout flow for national brands
- Social Media content creation, strategy, and execution
- Commercial photography direction & production
- Usability standards and user interface design
- Social Media strategy and execution
- Strong workflow & process
- Responsive & eCommerce site design, management, and production
- Social, email, and targeted, pay-per-click marketing
- Design, concepting, prototyping for responsive sites, mobile, B2C, & B2B
- Excellent client relationship and project management skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- 508 compliance
Global Creative Director at Claire’s Inc.
January 2017 – Present
20 person team creates all brand collateral including video, photography, social media content, print collateral & in-store signage, packaging, all digital assets for eCommerce, and marketing.
Responsible for the creation, evolution, execution and quality control of customer relevant global marketing concepts and assets that reinforce, complement, and enhance the Claire’s and Icing brand experiences.
Consultant, Creative Lead for UX environments
April 2010 – January 2017 (6 years 10 months)
Longer-term onsite contracts. Digital design for B2B, B2C, eCommerce, responsive, and mobile, print design, illustration, and photography. Concept through production, wireframes to design to presentation to prototype and file hand-off to dev. Partial Client List: McDonald’s, The Marketing Store, Barcodes, Inc., Brady Corporation, Illy Brand Coffee, Sony, Enesco, Shiraleah, Sears, Kmart.
Senior Art Director | Pfizer
Lead & produce integrated creative solutions from UX and typography to design, photography, video, and illustration. Execute innovative solutions across numerous channels including:
- Digital/interactive: brand identity, websites, iPad apps/visual aids, emails, mobile, banner ads, packaging, logos, infographics
- Print: journal ads, sales aids, sell sheets, convention materials, direct mail, patient education.
- Photography: Aerial photography of various international locations
- Video production & editing: Interviews and footage of key locations and individuals in the company.
UX Associate Creative Director | BarcodesInc.com, Chicago
Produced all digital marketing and user experience designs for B2B company. Optimized eCommerce checkout flow with a resulting lift of 200% in conversion. Produced wireframes, graphic design, weekly email blast campaigns, digital advertising, on-site promotional visuals and content, print one-sheets for sales teams.
Digital Associate Creative Director | Walgreens.com, Chicago
eCommerce side of Fortune 35 corporation. Leadership of team responsible for designing architecture, user interface, messaging/copywriting for online properties. Includes website services, checkout process, online Page 3 promotions, landing pages, banner ads, emails as well as various site redesigns. Liaison between product managers, marketing, tech, development, and design.
September 2000 – January 2017 (16 years 5 months)
- Studio, on-site, tabletop, still and video.
- Commercial aerial photography, still & video.
Adjunct Professor, Digital Image Design, Interactive Arts and Media Department at Columbia College Chicago
August 2014 – August 2016 (2 years 1 month)
Adjunct Professor, Digital Image Design. The course covers beginning through advanced skills of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS.
Senior Art Director, Associate Creative Director at MMG – Media Made Great August 2015 – June 2016 (11 months)
Clients: Sears, Kmart, Marriott, & Time Warner Cable. Agency creative lead and account liaison for multiple national brands. Manage team of designers & developers. Direct and aid in the execution of all creative, managing user experience process, strategy of site architecture & functionality, digital and print ad campaigns. Direct photo shoots, coordinate with client stakeholders to gather requirements, relay progress and process, lead scheduling of team & projects.
Design Manager at Unilever HPC
February 2008 – January 2010 (2 years)
Manage the design and production of the primary packaging, line extensions, POP and bonus packs for the Dove and Degree brands. [Unilever moved their offices from Chicago to New Jersey in 2010]
UX Art Director / Graphic Designer at Harp Interactive
March 2006 – February 2008 (2 years)
Clients: OfficeMax, Illy Coffee, Sony, Trade Secret, Precious Moments, and Barilla. Managed design creation and process for global and national brands. Hands-on creation of wireframes, Flash, web design and production, point-of-purchase, catalog design and production, print advertising design, photography. Heavy utilization of Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, ImageReady, photo research & rights management, illustration.
Interactive Art Director / Graphic Designer at Pearson Scott Foresman
September 2002 – March 2006 (3 years 7 months)
Creation of key branding elements that are in use across all company products. Wireframing, storyboarding, and production of many educational interactive materials, websites, and CD ROMs, management and coordination of freelance personnel, designers, illustrators, photographers, and writers. Extensive expertise in the area of photography permissions, various forms of electronic media, established usability standards, user interface design, and 508 compliance.
Education: School of Visual Arts, Photography